About the Firm
Accomplished Workers’ Compensation Attorney Serving Highland, New York
Determined representation for civil court plaintiffs and criminal defendants
Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. is a law practice dedicated to helping individuals in crisis due to a workplace injury, an arrest, or an accident caused by negligence. If you are facing an uncertain future due to any of these circumstances, I can provide the quality legal representation you need to protect your rights and achieve a positive outcome. Since 1980, I have fought for distressed clients who needed capable case management and calm reassurance. Through tireless efforts, I’ve been able to obtain consistently good results for people in Ulster County and the surrounding areas who’ve entrusted their case to my care.
Trustworthy Highland lawyer for employment, civil and criminal proceedings
Quality legal representation is a duty I take very seriously. When it comes to workers compensation, injury cases and criminal defense work, I am:
- Dedicated — I focus intently on delivering the best results possible under the facts of your case, but I am also determined to give you support and confidence throughout the process. My office is responsive to your calls and emails, and I keep you actively involved and informed throughout the course of your representation.
- Experienced — I have represented individuals in civil and criminal court proceedings and before numerous boards and administrative agencies throughout the Hudson Valley for more than 30 years.
- Professional — Colleagues familiar with my practice have helped me to earn a Distinguished® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of my professional ethics and legal ability.
Legal matters are worrisome enough without your own attorney adding to your anxiety. I take the time to thoroughly explain all the aspects of the case to you in plain language. My clients appreciate my sense of humor and positive attitude; they find me easy to talk to even when dealing with the most serious and complex legal issues.
Areas of Practice
Knowledgeable assistance for workers and employers in workers’ compensation disputes
If you have been hurt on the job in Highland, Poughkeepsie, Arlington, or Kingston, I can help you get the compensation you need and deserve to help cover your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. I help injured workers recover workers’ compensation benefits
as well as other applicable benefits, including Social Security disability
and NYS retirement disability
. I have a solid grasp of the medical issues involved in common workers’ compensation injuries
and can engage with medical providers and insurance company representatives to accept your claim or reach a favorable disability settlement. When facts warrant a third-party negligence lawsuit
, I can help you recover personal injury damages. I also have vast experience on the other side of workers’ compensation
disputes. I am the only uninsured employer defense
attorney in the Highland, New York area.
Capable trial lawyer for criminal defense cases and personal injury claims
Whether you’re facing jeopardy from an injury event or an arrest, you can rely on Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. for aggressive, determined representation. I have extensive experience with negotiations and trials arising from:
- Personal injury cases — If you have been injured in a car accident, a slip and fall, or medical malpractice, our office will thoroughly investigate the incident and prepare a compelling case to get you the maximum amount of compensation available. When insurance companies know they are going up against a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney, they are more likely to deal fairly right from the start. And if a satisfactory settlement can’t be reached, I am prepared to litigate the matter as far as necessary to provide my clients with the best outcome possible.
- Criminal defense — If you have been arrested for DWI, a misdemeanor or a felony, you need a strong criminal defense attorney who can help you obtain the best result in your case. While no attorney can guarantee a complete dismissal of charges or an acquittal at trial, I can press for other positive results including a reduction in charges or a plea agreement that helps you avoid jail time.
When you retain my services for your civil claim or criminal matter, you get my full attention and my determination to fight for your rights.
Contact a dedicated Highland attorney who will fight for your rights
For your legal matters in the mid-Hudson Valley, from benefits claims denials to civil litigation and criminal defense, count on Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. to meet your needs. Call today at 845-834-8234 or contact me online
to schedule a free consultation. My office is conveniently located on US Route 9W, just north of the Mid-Hudson Bridge, near the NYS Thruway Exit 18 in New Paltz. We service Poughkeepsie, Arlington, and Kingston NY.