Search Site

The following links and resources are provided by the law office of Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. in Highland for the benefit of individuals in the Mid-Hudson Valley seeking information on New York workers’ compensation, social security disability, NYS disability retirement, car accidents, workplace accidents, and DWI/DWAI criminal defense. If you need advice or assistance in any of these areas, contact Peter M. Cordovano for a free consultation with a dedicated and experienced attorney.

Workers’ Compensation Resources

Workers’ Compensation Board – At the WCB website, workers can file a claim for workers’ comp or disability benefits and learn more about the claims process. Employers can use the website to report injuries or illnesses, learn about coverage requirements, or respond to an employer notice.

WCB District Offices – Use this link to locate the WCB District Office which serves your area. The Albany District Office serves Orange, Ulster & Dutchess counties (among others) and maintains service centers in Newburgh, Poughkeepsie and further up the Hudson Valley.

New York State Department of Labor – The Labor Department maintains the New York State Average Weekly Wage (NYSAWW). This figure is used to calculate the maximum weekly benefit that may be paid out in worker’s compensation wage replacement benefits, which is two-thirds of the NYSAWW. For 2014, the average weekly wage is $1,266.44, so the maximum someone could recover in wage replacement would be approximately $835.85 per week.

Social Security Disability & Retirement Disability Resources

Social Security Administration (SSA) – This link takes you to the official Social Security website. You can apply online for disability benefits and learn basic information about the process. The SSA provides various online benefits calculators to help you estimate your benefits. Learn more here about SSA’s five-step process for determining disability or if you have enough work credits to qualify.

NYS Division of Disability Determinations – DDD is a New York State agency which makes medical determinations on Social Security Disability claims. Visit the claimant section for explanations of the SSA definition of disability for adults and children, to apply for benefits or appeal a denial, or to learn more about consultative exams and your doctor’s role in the disability determination process.

SSA Office Locator – The first step in obtaining SSD is to file an application for benefits at your local Social Security office. Use this locator to look up the office closest to you by zip code. You can also call SSA directly at 1-800-772-1213, or call your local SSA field office.

New York State & Local Retirement System – NYSLRS is the state’s retirement system for police and firefighters (PFRS) and many public employees (ERS). Use their website to learn about the many aspects which define your benefits, such as your Final Average Salary and Service Credit. The NYSLRS website also contains a helpful glossary of retirement system terms.

Personal Injury Resources

New York State Department of Motor Vehicles – If you were involved in a car crash, you can visit the DMV website to get a copy of your motor vehicle accident report.

Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation – You may be eligible for insurance coverage here for automobile accidents involving bodily injury liability or no-fault insurance. Visit the MVAIC website to learn about eligibility or file a claim.

American Motorcyclist Association – Visit the AMA website for tips on motorcycle safety and an overview of New York motorcycle laws.

Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center – Learn about traffic safety as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist, and find information on New York bicycling laws and safety.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration – At the OSHA website, you can learn about safety standards to prevent construction accidents and other workplace accidents.

Criminal Defense Resources

Department of Motor Vehicles – Visit the DMV website to learn about tickets, points and penalties, including alcohol or drug-related violations (DWI/DWAI).

Office of Probation and Correctional Alternatives (OPCA) – Learn about probation and other Alternative to Incarceration (ATI) programs, including drug and alcohol programs and community service.

New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision – Use this website to find a facility, look up an inmate or learn about rules for visitation.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Highland Office
    1 N Roberts Road
    Highland, New York 12528
    Phone: 845-691-4200
  • Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating Badge showing Peter M. Cordovano is rated AV Preeminent
  • Client Champion Silver 2021
  • Avvo Rating Badge showing Peter M. Cordovano is rated a 9.0 Top Attorney
  • New York State Trial Lawyers Association Logo
  • Manhattan College
  • Touro Law College logo
  • Top Lawyers Peer Recognition
  • "I thank you for your attention to this matter I have received a first payment today for a two week period allotment, my notification to you via voice-mail was to keep you informed of my status. You have been excellent in all matters pertaining to my case, and I feel I'm in good hands. I’ll keep in communication in updates as I'm sure PMA will as well God Bless ..."  -–Darren P.

  • "I would like to thank you, for all you have do for me and my son. You are the most kind person and excellent lawyer I known in my life. You are our angel. For us, the way the things happened was a miracle, after all our sorrow."  -–Maria Izquierdo

  • "Peter, you can go ahead and start paperwork. I know it’s not a fair settlement, but I’m drowning. Don’t know what else to do Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I really do appreciate you."  -–Valerie S

  • "I hope that this letter finds you in good spirits and in excellent health. I know we’ve had our difficult moments (usually due to my constant need for reassurance from you). But there isn’t a day that I don’t thank God for your levelheadedness and perseverance. Thank you."  -–Eileen

  • "Dear Peter, We can’t thank you enough for all of your help! We appreciate it more than you know! Thanks."  -–Rick, Debbie & Ricky

  • "I would like to thank you for all you have done for me and my family. You’re the best!"  -–A. Chambers

  • "Many thanks for your donation to our 2nd Annual Huskies 5K Challenge. The event was a tremendous success due in large to your generous support."  -–HMS PTA

  • "Thank you for sponsoring me to play on the Dutchess Debs. I am having lots of fun and learning a lot. I look forward to the upcoming spring season."  -–Jordan C.

  • "We are so tardy thanking you so please know we are so grateful for your time with us, prep phone calls to Bob Lackaye and follow up work on behalf of Spencer. We are resting with her anxiety about moving forward and pushing Spencer out to be a part of the workforce and world again. Believe me we are so thankful for the many miracles since the accident on July 12, 2014! Thank you for meeting us and assessing Spencer and his needs in such a caring and professional way. Your staff was friendly, caring and supportive the entire time we were in touch with your office. Many thanks for your time! Blessings to you all!"  -–D.E

  • "Dear Peter, Thank you so very much for your thoughtful and beautiful plant. Believe it or not, it will join the one you sent 5 years ago which has developed into many others too!!"  -–Fondly, Deb & Jo