Welcome to Peter M. Cordovano P.C., your source for workers' compensation legal services in Highland, NY. Our experienced attorneys are committed to helping you get the compensation you deserve. We understand the complexities of workers' compensation law and are here to provide you with the legal advice and representation you need.
At Peter M. Cordovano P.C., we provide a wide range of legal services related to workers' compensation law. Our services include:
- Representation in workers' compensation hearings
- Negotiations with employers and their insurance companies
- Appeals of denied workers' compensation claims
- Assistance with filing for Social Security Disability benefits
- Representation in other related legal matters
We understand that dealing with a workers' compensation claim can be a difficult and confusing process. Our attorneys are here to provide you with the knowledge and guidance you need to ensure that your rights are protected. We will work hard to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The following links and resources are provided by the law office of Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. in Highland for the benefit of individuals in the Mid-Hudson Valley seeking information on New York workers' compensation, social security disability, NYS disability retirement, car accidents, workplace accidents, and DWI/DWAI criminal defense. If you need advice or assistance in any of these areas, contact Peter M. Cordovano for a free consultation with a dedicated and experienced attorney.
Workers' Compensation Resources
- Workers' Compensation Board - At the WCB website, workers can file a claim for workers' comp or disability benefits and learn more about the claims process. Employers can use the website to report injuries or illnesses, learn about coverage requirements, or respond to an employer notice.
- WCB District Offices - Use this link to locate the WCB District Office which serves your area. The Albany District Office serves Orange, Ulster & Dutchess counties (among others) and maintains service centers in Newburgh, Poughkeepsie and further up the Hudson Valley.
- New York State Department of Labor - The Labor Department maintains the New York State Average Weekly Wage (NYSAWW). This figure is used to calculate the maximum weekly benefit that may be paid out in worker's compensation wage replacement benefits, which is two-thirds of the NYSAWW. For 2014, the average weekly wage is $1,266.44, so the maximum someone could recover in wage replacement would be approximately $835.85 per week.
Social Security Disability & Retirement Disability Resources
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - This link takes you to the official Social Security website. You can apply online for disability benefits and learn basic information about the process. The SSA provides various online benefits calculators to help you estimate your benefits. Learn more here about SSA's five-step process for determining disability or if you have enough work credits to qualify.
- NYS Division of Disability Determinations - DDD is a New York State agency which makes medical determinations on Social Security Disability claims. Visit the claimant section for explanations of the SSA definition of disability for adults and children, to apply for benefits or appeal a denial, or to learn more about consultative exams and your doctor's role in the disability determination process.
- SSA Office Locator - The first step in obtaining SSD is to file an application for benefits at your local Social Security office. Use this locator to look up the office closest to you by zip code. You can also call SSA directly at 1-800-772-1213, or call your local SSA field office.
- New York State & Local Retirement System - NYSLRS is the state's retirement system for police and firefighters (PFRS) and many public employees (ERS). Use their website to learn about the many aspects which define your benefits, such as your Final Average Salary and Service Credit. The NYSLRS website also contains a helpful glossary of retirement system terms.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today. Our experienced attorney is here to help you with all of your workers' compensation needs.
Not only does Peter M. Cordovano have a profound respect for the legal profession, he has earned an esteemed reputation for his tireless dedication to Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability clients.
Attorney Peter M. Cordovano has a solid grasp of the medical issues involved in his clients' cases and can effectively engage with medical providers and insurance company representatives.
Over the years, our firm has had the pleasure of helping more than 1,500 clients navigate complex Social Security Disability and Worker's Compensation cases.
Since 1987, Attorney Peter M. Cordovano has fought for distressed clients who need capable case management and calm reassurance.
"Thanks For All Your Help"
Thanks for all your help in getting this case resolved with WAMO. Your suggestion that I write to the Senior Law Judge was the key I think.- Marge
"Most Excellent Lawyer"
I would like to thank you, for all you have done for me and my son. You are the kindest person and most excellent lawyer I have known in my life. You are our angel.- Maria I.
"I'm in Good Hands"
You have been excellent in all matters pertaining to my case, and I feel I'm in good hands. I’ll keep in communication in updates as I'm sure PMA will as well God Bless...- Darren P.
"We Appreciate It More Than You Know"
We can’t thank you enough for all of your help! We appreciate it more than you know!- Rick, Debbie, & Ricky
"Levelheadedness and Perseverance"
I know we’ve had our difficult moments (usually due to my constant need for reassurance from you). But there isn’t a day that I don’t thank God for your levelheadedness and perseverance.- Eileen
"Thank You for Everything"
Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I really do appreciate you.- Valerie S.
"Caring and Professional"
Thank you for meeting us and assessing Spencer and his needs in such a caring and professional way. Your staff was friendly, caring and supportive the entire time we were in touch with your office. Many thanks for your time! Blessings to you all!- D.E.
"You’re the Best"
I would like to thank you for all you have done for me and my family. You’re the best!- A. Chambers