Search Site
Personal Injury

Hudson Valley Personal Injury Lawyer Manages Your Claim

Determined pursuit of the maximum possible compensation

If you have been injured because of someone’s negligent misconduct, you may be entitled to compensation from the responsible party to meet your expenses and help cover your financial and emotional losses. However, such payment is not automatic, and the burden is on you to prove the other party’s liability. While it’s sometime possible to settle with an insurance company rather than going to trial, it’s often necessary to file suit before the defendant’s insurer takes your claim seriously. In Highland, New York, Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. helps people throughout Ulster, Dutchess and Orange counties recover full compensation so they can put their injuries behind them.

Capable assistance throughout the claims process

If you’ve been hurt due to an auto accident, slip and fall, or medical malpractice, you should receive the full amount of your damages, including:

  • Present and future medical bills
  • Rehabilitation expenses
  • Present and future lost wages
  • Diminished earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of quality of life and/or enjoyment of life

However, there are significant legal obstacles to your claim. For example, New York’s no-fault insurance law may bar you from recovering noneconomic damages unless you sustain what the law calls a “serious injury.” New York’s pure comparative negligence law can reduce your recovery if the defendant can prove you share some level of responsibility.

You must also be prepared to prove a defendant liable by a preponderance of the evidence, which means it is more likely than not that a negligent person caused you harm. Causation and the extent of your injuries can be highly technical conclusions, which you must support with substantial evidence.

An insurance company may offer a cash payment to settle your claim quickly, but once you accept their payment, you will be prohibited from pursuing your claim any further, even if you have injuries and expenses that you didn’t know about or consider at the time. The insurance companies want to settle your case as quickly as possible, before you have spoken to an attorney, but the offer they make will not accurately reflect the true value of your case.

For these reasons, it is nearly impossible for an injured party to get the full value of a claim from a defendant or a defendant’s insurance company without experienced, knowledgeable representation.

To strengthen your case, get legal representation immediately

Insurance companies want you to feel you can manage your claim personally. They are initially very helpful, but then comes the lowball offer, followed by endless delays to wear you down. By the time you’re fed up and hire an attorney, valuable evidence may have been lost. This is why you must retain professional representation immediately after your accident. I have vast experience helping clients recover damages for cases involving:

  • Motor vehicle accidents — I represent injured parties hurt in car, motorcycle, bicycle and truck crashes.
  • Slip and falls —I handle premises liability cases involving slip and fall accidents on public and private property such as restaurants, shopping malls, theatres, department stores, grocery stores, and parking lots.
  • Medical malpractice — I hold healthcare providers and institutions accountable when medical malpractice causes injuries to medical, dental, and surgical patients.

While you tend to your physical recovery, I go to work investigating your injury event, preserving physical evidence and eyewitness testimony, and building a case for your complete recovery. I level the playing field with the insurance company so together we can fight and win your case.

Get quality personal injury representation in Highland, NY

Peter M. Cordovano, P.C. helps victims of negligence throughout Ulster, Dutchess & Orange counties with solid, professional representation that gets results. If you have been hurt by someone’s wrongful conduct, call me at 845-834-8234 or contact my office online. Your initial consultation is free, and you pay no legal fees until you recover damages through a settlement or verdict.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Highland Office
    1 North Roberts Road
    Highland, New York 12528
    Phone: 845-691-4200