Section 1210.1 of the Joint Rules of the Appellate Division amended June 1, 2018
(22 NYCRR §1210.1)
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and nonlawyer personnel in your lawyer’s office.
- You are entitled to have your attorney handle your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the higheststandards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to discharge your attorney and terminate the attorney‐client relationship at any time. Court approval may be required in some matters, and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge.
- You are entitled to your lawyer's independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged reasonable fees and expenses and to have your lawyer explain before or within a reasonable time after commencement of the representation how the fees and expenses will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any arrangement for fees and expenses that you find unsatisfactory. In the event of a fee dispute, you may have the right to seek arbitration; your attorney will provide you with the necessary information regarding arbitration in the event of a fee dispute, or upon your request.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed promptly and to receive a prompt reply to your letters, telephone calls, emails, faxes, and other communications.
- You are entitled to be kept reasonably informed as to the status of your matter and are entitled to have your attorney promptly comply with your reasonable requestsfor information, including your requestsfor copies of papers relevant to the matter. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter and make informed decisions regarding the representation.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney. In particular, the decision of whether to settle your matter is yours and not your lawyer’s. Court approval of a settlement isrequired in some matters.
- You have the right to privacy in your communications with your lawyer and to have your confidential information preserved by your lawyer to the extent required by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the New York Rules of Professional Conduct.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, gender expression, age, national origin or disability.
Not only does Peter M. Cordovano have a profound respect for the legal profession, he has earned an esteemed reputation for his tireless dedication to Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability clients.
Attorney Peter M. Cordovano has a solid grasp of the medical issues involved in his clients' cases and can effectively engage with medical providers and insurance company representatives.
Over the years, our firm has had the pleasure of helping more than 1,500 clients navigate complex Social Security Disability and Worker's Compensation cases.
Since 1987, Attorney Peter M. Cordovano has fought for distressed clients who need capable case management and calm reassurance.
"Thanks For All Your Help"
Thanks for all your help in getting this case resolved with WAMO. Your suggestion that I write to the Senior Law Judge was the key I think.- Marge
"Most Excellent Lawyer"
I would like to thank you, for all you have done for me and my son. You are the kindest person and most excellent lawyer I have known in my life. You are our angel.- Maria I.
"I'm in Good Hands"
You have been excellent in all matters pertaining to my case, and I feel I'm in good hands. I’ll keep in communication in updates as I'm sure PMA will as well God Bless...- Darren P.
"We Appreciate It More Than You Know"
We can’t thank you enough for all of your help! We appreciate it more than you know!- Rick, Debbie, & Ricky
"Levelheadedness and Perseverance"
I know we’ve had our difficult moments (usually due to my constant need for reassurance from you). But there isn’t a day that I don’t thank God for your levelheadedness and perseverance.- Eileen
"Thank You for Everything"
Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I really do appreciate you.- Valerie S.
"Caring and Professional"
Thank you for meeting us and assessing Spencer and his needs in such a caring and professional way. Your staff was friendly, caring and supportive the entire time we were in touch with your office. Many thanks for your time! Blessings to you all!- D.E.
"You’re the Best"
I would like to thank you for all you have done for me and my family. You’re the best!- A. Chambers